CITY COUNCIL WORK SESSION
Tuesday, July 11, 2006 6:00 p.m.
Public Safety Building
3925 W Cedar Hills Drive, Cedar Hills, Utah
Present: Mayor McGee, Presiding
Council Members: Jim Perry, Darin Lowder, Joel Wright, Charelle Bowman, Eric Richardson
Konrad Hildebrandt, City Manager
Kim Holindrake, City Recorder
Gretchen Gordon, Deputy City Recorder
Ciara Decker, Family Festival Coordinator
David Bunker, City Engineer
Others: Cliff Chandler (6:35 p.m.), Keith Nielsen (6:53 p.m.), Craig Nielsen (6:53 p.m.), Larry Wood (6:55 p.m.), Brad Orton (6:57 p.m.)
1. This meeting of the City Council of the City of Cedar Hills, having been posted throughout the City and the press notified, was called to order at 6:23 p.m. by Mayor McGee.
2. Report on Family Festival (6:23 p.m.)
Report from Ciara Decker, Family Festival Coordinator:
• Orem Owlz - 453 tickets sold, about $400 revenue anticipated.
• 5K/Gorilla Mile - Race t-shirts came in, time change has been made to both races. The 5K anticipated revenue is $1,000 based on 100 participants. Expecting 300 participants; last year 150. We still need one important participant in the race, someone to wear the gorilla suit.
• The Outdoor Youth Dance will be held at the driving range. There are still concerns with power and lighting; more chaperones are needed.
• Battle of the Bands - There are nine bands total who will be playing from 5:30 – 9:30 p.m. Ciara hopes to have an acoustic filler for the 10 minute breaks between bands.
• Firecracker Golf Tournament - There are 12 teams currently signed up, but more are expected at the last minute.
• Dinner/Movie - Ciara watched ET and she wrote down all the “swear” words. The sound will be turned down during those parts. She is working on having the PowerPoint presentation with sponsors and trivia running before the movie. The City Council needs to arrive at 6:30 p.m. wearing their apron, t-shirt, and flashing name tag. Dinner will be served from 6:30 until 8:30 p.m.
• Parade - The Council needs to be at the LDS Church on Harvey Boulevard at 9:00 a.m. wearing their polo shirt. The parade will be starting at 10:00 a.m. One golf cart per person w/family. Ciara was unable to get candy donated at this time.
• Carnival - Train drivers are needed.
• Vendors - Currently there are 30 vendors. The power for the booths is being installed next Tuesday or Wednesday.
• Pet Show - Only one entry right now.
• Registration - Sold 1,406 passes so far this year. Last year pre-registration was 1,858 at this time.
• Sponsors - The Plan is to announce all sponsors during all events. $6,050 has been collected in monetary value.
3. Motion to go into Executive Session, Pursuant to Utah State Code 52-4-5
No Executive Session held.
4. Motion to Adjourn Executive Session and Reconvene City Council Meeting
5. This meeting was adjourned at 7:10 p.m. by Mayor McGee.
/s/ Kim E. Holindrake
Kim E. Holindrake, City Recorder