CITY COUNCIL WORK SESSION
Tuesday, August 15, 2006 6:00 p.m.
Public Safety Building
3925 W Cedar Hills Drive, Cedar Hills, Utah
Present: Mayor Mike McGee, Presiding
Council Member: Eric Richardson, Jim Perry, Charelle Bowman
Konrad Hildebrandt, City Manager
Kim Holindrake, City Recorder
David Bunker, City Engineer
Courtney Hammond, City Meeting Transcriber
Ciara Decker, Family Festival Coordinator
1. This meeting of the City Council of the City of Cedar Hills, having been posted throughout the City and the press notified, was called to order at 6:10 p.m. by Mayor McGee.
2. Family Festival Report (6:10 p.m.)
See handouts. Ciara Decker reported on the Family Festival.
• Attendance at the Orem Owlz game, races, parade entries and golf tournament were up from 2005.
• Wristband sales and vendors were down.
• Total cost to the City went up by about $6,000, but cash received from sponsors went up and the revenue received was up 9% (without golf tournament income). The total cost to the City was down by about $5,000. The golf tournament brought in about $150.
• New additions in 2006 include the youth dance, petting zoo, upgraded inflatables, longer bingo, upgraded bingo prizes, the Run to Win contest and Dino Dig for cash.
• Sponsor money and goods went to cost reduction, awards, children’s games, advertising, dinner supplies, dinner dessert, race bibs, and volunteer appreciation.
C. Perry made the following suggestions: (1) Improve logistics and cooking capacity on the dinner and (2) Dance standards are needed.
3. Motion to go into Executive Session, Pursuant to Utah State Code 52-4-5 (6:42 p.m.)
Utah State Code 52-4-5 designates specific parameters for which a Closed Meeting/Executive Session may be held. This Executive Session was held to discuss the following: Strategy sessions to discuss pending or reasonably imminent litigation.
MOTION: C. Bowman - To go into Executive Session, Pursuant to Utah State Code 52-4-5. Seconded by C. Perry.
Aye - C. Bowman
C. Richardson Motion passes.
* * EXECUTIVE SESSION * * *
4. Motion to Adjourn Executive Session and Reconvene City Council Meeting (6:55 p.m.)
MOTION: C. Richardson - To adjourn Executive Session and reconvene City Council Meeting. Seconded by C. Bowman.
5. This meeting was adjourned at 6:55 p.m. by Mayor McGee.
/s/ Kim E. Holindrake
Kim E. Holindrake, City Recorder