MOBILYZE 2018 R1
MARCH 14TH, 2018
Thank you for using BlackBag Technologies products.
The Release Notes for this version include important information about new features and improvements made to Mobilyze. In addition, this document contains supported versions and system requirements. While this information is complete at time of release, the information below is subject to change without notice and is provided for informational purposes only.
To enhance our mobile forensic tool further, the new features and enhancements of Mobilyze 2018 R1 include:
· WeChat mobile application support
· Line mobile application support
· Updates to our Facebook Messenger mobile application support
Mobile Application Updates
Many 3rd party applications have changed and continue to change regularly. Mobilyze has been updated to include new parsers for the following applications:
· WeChat is a Chinese multi-purpose social media mobile application.
· Line is an app for exchanging texts, images, video and audio.
· Facebook Messenger is an instant messaging service and software application. Originally called Facebook Chat, the app service was changed to standalone iOS and Android apps.
· iPhone 3G and newer with iOS 4.0 to 11.1.2
· All iPads with iOS 4.0 to 11.1.2
iPod Touch 2G and newer with
iOS 4.0 to 11.1.2
· Devices running Android 4.0.4 to 8.0 (without encryption)
· Devices manufactured by: Samsung, Motorola, HTC, LG, Google Nexus
Note*: Additional devices running Android 4.0 or later may function properly if the appropriate USB driver for Windows OS is installed
OPERATING SYSTEM SPECIFICATION
Mac OS X Yosemite (10.10) or higher / Windows 7 or higher
Mobilyze runs on Intel® based systems only
• Mac OS X Yosemite (10.10) or Windows 7
• Mac OS X macOS Sierra (10.12.5) or
*Note: For Windows systems, Mobilyze uses whatever the default app may be for playing media files. Windows Media Player 12 is recommended. If Windows examiners do not have QuickTime installed and they wish to play certain file types such as .AMR files (voicemail, etc.) they will need to install some non-default codecs, following the instructions found here: http://shark007.net/win8codecs.html
If you need support, we are here to help.
Please use the form at https://www.blackbagtech.com/support.html to submit your request for support and someone for our technical support will respond.