- Your employer—an airline—wants your team to reduce turnaround time: the amount of time planes spend on the ground between flights.
- For each plane, each team member simultaneously chooses an effort level: how many minutes to reduce her usual work time.
- You make your choice by moving the slider and pressing Submit.
- You incur a cost for each minute you save in completing your task.
- Reduction in turnaround time equals the smallest effort level chosen by anyone in your group.
- Each member of the group receives a bonus for each minute reduction in turnaround time.
You saved 4 minutes. Your three group members saved 3, 5 and 7 minutes.
||Effort Bonus × Minimum Effort
||Effort Cost × Your Effort
||$2 × 3
||$1 × 4