System Engineer - Citrix and O365
Viatek Services Pty Ltd - Melbourne
Mar 2017 – Till
• Provide level 2 and level 3 desktop, network and server support for systems and infrastructure related issues.
• Coordinate the service desk including providing accurate and timely logging of problems and resolution for problems in the database.
• Administration and maintenance of current and new Cloud services such as O365, Exchange Online, OneDrive.
• Proactively monitoring the servers. Resolve the serviced desk tickets in timely manner and Update the tickets regularly.
• Troubleshoot VMware and Citrix issues, including VPN.
• Maintain the Active Directory using office 365 admin portal including user account creation/deletion and performing clean ups on a monthly basis.
• Install, troubleshoot and upgrade hardware and software, including monitoring and testing fixes.
• Assist with the planning and maintenance of the systems by performing file backups and restorations and configuring systems and applications, including Windows desktop operating systems, Office365 and core business applications.
• Support Desktop hardware and minor LAN/WAN issues.
• Administration of SCCM and image/application deployment.
• Create and maintain appropriate documents to improve high standard IT services.
• Provide end user training in response to service requests as appropriate.
Sr. Systems Engineer \ Team Lead (Contract)
Jav IT (Clarius Group), Sydney NSW
Aug 2016 – Dec 2016
• Mix of project work and BAU (level 2 & 3 support)
• Came on board to stabilize, optimize and improve existing Citrix environments (Presentation Server 4.5, XenApp 5, 6.5; XenDesktop 5.6, Provisioning Services, Access Gateway, Web Interface, StoreFront) with 2500-3000 user base (1000+ concurrent connections)
• Performed Citrix farms expansion, maintained existing virtual (VMware) and physical (Dell, HP) Citrix servers
• Troubleshoot numerous incidents with Citrix Profiles, Printing and XenApp/XenDesktop Sessions
• Implemented patch schedules and configured reboot schedules of Farm Servers
• Utilized SCOM and Citrix Edgesight for troubleshooting and monitoring, configured SNMP (SolarWinds) monitoring across all Citrix servers
• Deployed Citrix and AD Group Policies
• Performed applications migration and applications streaming
• Developed and updated existing documentation, policies
Sr. System Engineer
Sureworks Infotech Pvt Ltd – India/Malaysia/Singapore
Nov 2010 – July 2016
• Citrix engineer responsible for supporting the day to day operations of an enterprise scale XenApp and VMWare environment.
• Primary support for XenApp 6.5 environment consisting of 400+ XenApp servers hosted on the Citrix XenServer virtualisation platform.
• Support of systems running critical healthcare apps, so a very strict adherence to the ITIL principles which includes but not limited to Incident/Change/Problem/Asset Management.
• Management of a VMware/HyperV Private Cloud with 100+ hosts and 1000+ VMs across multiple sites.
CIBERSites India Pvt Ltd., Bangalore
Dec 2008 – Aug 2010
• Managing the Service L2/L3 Board – troubleshoot and resolve inbound customer support requests raised via phone and email with high quality customer service.
• Assign and schedule appropriate technical personnel to each issue to meet the customer SLAs.
• Mentoring and training L1 support team
• Ensuring that all incidents and customer enquiries are dealt in line with the SLAs
• Undertaking Problem Management to investigate the root causes of incidents for the proactive prevention of problems
• Attending customer sites for regular onsite maintenance visits and communicating issues and recommendations with clients and team leaders.
• Working as a technical resource for IT implementation / upgrade projects under direction of Project Managers
• Providing IT status reports to customers out ling their IT infrastructure status and recommendations