(Skip to Content)
Northwest Renal Network
Page updated June 9, 2014
Topic Resources The Network works with Data Coordinators at each dialysis facility to monitor ESRD patient status and to maintain the completeness, validity and accuracy of the CMS ESRD Forms and Network Reports.
Please contact us if you have additional questions or would like technical assistance.
Jump to Topic:
Dialysis Facility Reports
Dialysis Facility Compare
Quality Incentive Program
Network Technical Assistance
CROWNWeb is a CMS-mandated electronic data collection system designed to increase data collection security, accuracy, and efficiency for the ESRD community.   All ESRD Medicare facilities are required to use CROWNWeb to submit and verify ESRD facility and patient data.   This includes:
Registering for CROWNWeb
- Clinical and Vascular Access data
- Mineral Metabolism and ICH-CAHPS attestation
- Patient Treatments, Admissions and Discharges
- Required CMS-2728, CMS-2746 and CMS-2744 forms
In order to gain access to CROWNWeb, all users need to apply for access through the QIMS registration process.   To assist with the registration, each dialysis facility is required by CMS to have a minimum of one QIMS Security Official and one QIMS End User Manager.   Information and resources for registering are located here: QIMS Enrollment for All Network Facilities.
CROWNWeb Required Actions
In the new CROWNWeb environment, facilities have been working diligently to make sure all required CROWNWeb activities are completed.   To assist facilities with this process, please see the following documents:
CROWNWeb Support and Guides for Network 16:
- A Network 16 CROWNWeb Checklist that lays out the requirements for Network 16 facilities in CROWNWeb.
- ESRD Network 16 - What's New in CROWNWeb?
Additional CROWNWeb Support and Resources: http://www.projectcrownweb.org) includes a place where you can sign up for weekly CROWNWeb updates by entering your email address.
- How to ADD a Treatment
- How to EDIT Treatment Information
- How to Edit Admit/Discharge Information
- Correcting a System Discharge / System Discharge Converted to Transfer
- How to Edit a Patient Transient Status
CROWNWeb Implementation - Important CMS Announcement (January 2009)
Conditions for Coverage Require Use of CROWNWeb by 2/1/2009 - now revised to March 2012 (Letter to Facilities)
CROWNWeb Authentication System Info and Training Opportunities ("Conditions for Coverage Impact of CROWNWeb; CROWNWeb Authentication System Info and Training Opportunities," released by CMS October 10, 2008)
An ongoing list of Network News Bulletins on CROWNWeb
- Medical Evidence Report Form 2728 and instructions
- Authorization to Release Medical Evidence Form 2728
- 2728 Data Entry Guide
- 2728 Frequently Asked Questions
- ESRD Death Notification Form 2746 and instructions
- Annual Facility Survey Form 2744
- Facilities are required to notify the Network when a patient becomes lost to follow-up, by completing a copy of the Lost to Follow-Up Checklist and faxing it to the Network at (206) 923-0716.   It is against federal law to send identifying or personal health information via email.
- Facility Directory
- Technical Instructions for Accessing the Dialysis Facility Reports (DFR), Dialysis Facility Compare (DFC) Reports, and the Quality Incentive Program Performance Score Reports
- Master Account Holder Change Request Form
- Instructions for Setting Up Accounts for the Corporate Office of Your Dialysis Organization
Network Technical Assistance A flyer on the kinds of Technical Assistance the Network can provide to facilities. Topic Resources