Minitab Instructions: Using Technology with Data to Run a Hypothesis Test
To carry out the test, launch Minitab with the data in the worksheet and follow the instructions below.
To open Minitab with the data in the worksheet, right-click here and choose "Save Target As" to download the file to your computer. Then find the downloaded file and double-click it to open it in Minitab. Note: A dialog box will likely appear that says "A copy of the content of this file will be added to the current project"—just click "OK."
- Choose: Stat -> Basic Statistics -> 2-Sample t
- Choose among the following three options, depending on what format the data are given in.
- Samples in one column—enter the column where the samples (Y) are and the one where the subscripts are (X).
- Samples in different columns—enter the columns where the data are
- Summarized data—enter the sample sizes, sample means and sample standard deviations of both samples.
- Click on "Options" to select the appropriate alternative.
- Click "OK" twice.