StatCrunch Instructions: Using Technology with Data to Run a Hypothesis Test
To open this file in StatCrunch you must first right-click here and choose "Save Target As" to download the file to your computer. Next click here to open StatCrunch in a separate window and login using your username and password.
- Click on the link "Open StatCrunch" at the top of the My StatCrunch page.
- To open the data set select the "My computer" link under Load a data set from box on the left side of the page.
- Select the "Browse" or "Choose File" (depending on which browser you're using and select the data set you downloaded.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on "Load Fil.e"
Choose: Stat -> T statistics -> Two sample -> with data (or with summary if summarized data)
Choose among the following three options, depending on what format the data are given in.
- Samples in one column - enter the column where the samples are, twice and each time use the Where option to limit which values are being grouped.
- Samples in different columns - enter the columns where the data are
- Summarized data - enter the sample means, sample standard deviations and sample sizes of both samples
- Press Next
- Select appropriate form of hypothesis test
- Press Calculate