StatCrunch Instructions: Standard Deviation
To open the file (sdintuition.xls) in StatCrunch you must first right-click here and choose "Save Target As" to download the file to your computer. Next click here to open StatCrunch in a separate window and login using your username and password.
- Click on the link "Open StatCrunch" at the top of the My StatCrunch page.
- To open the data set, click on the Data button in the top row and select Load -> From file -> on my computer.
- Under File, press the Browse button and select the data set you downloaded.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on "Load File."
To ask StatCrunch for the descriptive statistics of the three distributions:
- Choose Stat -> Summary Stats -> Columns
- In the Summary Stats window select the columns: Class I, Class II and Class III
- Press Compute!